Select Medical has been recognized as a Forbes "Best-In-State" Employer
***We are not able to sponsor visas now or in the future and are not interested in corp.-to-corp. business arrangements at this time.***
Select Medical is one of the nation's largest providers of specialized acute and post-acute care. Its network of nearly 50,000 employees operates or supports nearly 102 hospitals specializing in critical illness recovery, 35 medical rehabilitation hospitals, and more than 2,200 outpatient clinics offering physical and occupational therapy.
In addition, Select Medical offers occupational health and urgent care services at nearly 500 locations through our Concentra brand. It also offers physical therapy and/or athletic training to approximately 300 high schools, colleges, and professional sports teams. Select Medical (NYSE: SEM) was founded in 1996 and is based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit selectmedical.com
The Business Intelligence Architect is responsible for the delivery of end to end business intelligence solutions that support and enhance the financial, clinical, and quality outcomes of the organization. The role requires a passion for data and technology, thorough understanding of ETL in a data warehouse environment, excellent communication skills, understanding of business processes, knowledge of best practices, and the ability to provide quality actionable business intelligence using industry standard tools in a rapidly growing organization.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including executive management, to gather the technical requirements for business intelligence solutions
- Acquire a deep understanding of source systems, knowledge of business processes, and thorough business unit knowledge through the interaction with subject matter experts, developers, architects, business leaders, and other relevant stakeholders
- Design, develop and maintain data models for reporting and analyzing data related to business, regulatory, contractual and ad hoc requirements
- Become a subject matter expert on the organizations data, processes, and reporting solutions
- Develop ETL code, including but not limited to Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) packages, SSIS Packages, PLSQL packages, and scripts that take advantage of incremental loading methodologies like change data capture (CDC)
- Perform unit, integration, performance, and regression testing
- Develop and manage project documentation deliverables
- Work with peers, SMEs and other stakeholders to ensure that the final solution meets the highest quality standards
- Complete special projects and other functions, as required
- Provide insights, recommendations and strategies to enhance the operational delivery of BI solutions, and technical direction
Candidate will have a strong background in business intelligence, data management technologies, and industry best practices. The ideal candidate for this opportunity will possess the following work experiences:
- 3 years’ experience architecting business intelligence reporting solutions.
- 5+ years of ETL experience.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing, structuring and reporting data across an enterprise.
- 5+ years of experience utilizing data integration tools like ODI, SSIS, or Informatica.
- 5+ years of experience working on an RDBMS like Oracle or SQL Server.
- 3+ years of experience working in a data warehouse environment.
- Experience with data modeling tools such as Erwin, Oracle Data Modeler or PowerDesigner.
- Big Data experience is a plus (structured or unstructured)
- Master Data Management experience is a plus
- Proficient in SQL and PLSQL
- Proficient in data warehousing concepts including dimensional modeling
- Proficient in ETL design concepts including Change Data Capture (CDC) and Slowly Changing Dimensions( SCD)
- Strong knowledge of an enterprise business intelligence platform like MicroStrategy, Tableau or Business Objects
- Strong knowledge of an enterprise ETL platform like Oracle Data Integrator, SSIS, or Informatica
- Must have a strong passion for data analytics
- Strong analytical skills required; must be able to think critically through problems/requests
- Must have the ability to effectively and efficiently collaborate with others
- Must be detail oriented with a strong attention to detail and sensitivity to timelines
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills since interaction with business will be common
- Must be self-motivated, results-driven, and willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Healthcare industry knowledge is preferable
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Select Medical is an EOE
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.