Rehab Aide - St. Claire Health Center
SSM Health Rehabilitation is looking for a Per Diem Rehab Therapy Aide to join our SSM Health St. Clare Hospital Acute Care team located in Fenton, MO!
SSM Health St. Clare Hospital - Fenton, a Level I Time Critical Diagnosis STEMI Center and a Level I Stroke Center, serves the medical needs of the expanding community in southwest St. Louis County. Specializing in heart and vascular, neurosciences, cancer care, maternity and other medical services, SSM Health St. Clare makes your health and wellness a primary focus.
We have been recognized by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019!
If you are compassionate, love working on a highly skilled team, and looking for professional growth opportunities, this is the position for you!
- Lifts patients to/from mats, treatment and tilt tables, wheelchairs and other equipment appropriate to the facility/department.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Assists patients in donning/doffing all appliances specific to the facility/department.Positions patients in parallel bars and prepares patients for standing with appropriate orthotic/prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assist with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice Act.
- Maintains the department and department equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Prepares department each morning.
- Picks up equipment during treatment hours and at the end of treatment day.
- Maintains department and disinfects equipment throughout and at the conclusion of the treatment day according to hospital infection control policies and procedures.
- Reports defective equipment to DOR.
- Ensures maintenance of cleaning logs and refrigerator temperature logs.
- Follows and assists with facility infection control policies and risk management procedures.
- Assists the DOR with identification of support staff needs for patient care in the rehab treatment areas and coordination of such between rehab and nursing floors.
- Participates in therapeutic dysphagia and feeding program as requested and supervised by the therapists.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- One or more years of hospital experience as rehab aide preferred.
- Direct patient care experience required.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.