Health Information Credentialing Technician / HIM Tech (PRN)
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Health Information Credentialing Technician / HIM Tech
PRN/Per Diem/As Needed
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will assist in the maintenance of timely and accurate paper and electronic records in order to ensure the requirements are met for licensure and certification.
- Handling record processing and physician record completion.
- Filing transcribed reports and other documentation.
- Assisting with record inventory and storage.
- Managing record maintenance, as well as maintenance of medical and allied health staff credentialing files to meet regulatory requirements.
- Coordinating the release of medical information, following all department and regulatory guidelines.
- Verifying authorizations, recording incoming requests, processing requests, and communicating with requestor.
- Reviewing medical records for accuracy and completeness.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member. You should have a strong knowledge of medical terminology.
- Having your high school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Joint Commissions standards.
- Two (2) years of work experience in a Health Information or Credentialing department of a healthcare facility.
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
We'd love for you to join our team!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.