Select Medical & Rush University System for Health (RUSH) - Joint Venture
RUSH Specialty Hospital
Chief Executive Officer CEO - Inpatient Rehab Unit
(Interim to Administrator)
Select Medical and RUSH Enter Joint Venture to Operate Critical Illness Recovery Hospital, Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital and Outpatient Rehabilitation Centers in Illinois
RUSH and Select Medical share a strong focus on clinical excellence, quality, innovation and outcomes. Rush University Medical Center has a sterling reputation in medical research. Its specialty care programs rank among the best nationwide, followed closely by its orthopedics and neurology programs which are listed in the top 10 nationally, according to U.S. News & World Report. This partnership aligns with Select Medical's commitment to providing world-class post-acute care in collaboration with highly-regarded health systems throughout the country.
The agreement also includes the construction of a new state-of-the-art 84-bed hospital at Rush University Medical Center on Chicago's West Side, with 30 beds dedicated to critical illness recovery and 54 beds for inpatient rehabilitation. Anticipated completion of the new facility, which will be named Rush Specialty Hospital, is 2022. In the interim, Select Medical will manage the existing Rush Rehabilitation unit located in the Johnston R. Bowman Health Center on the Medical Center campus, finally transitionsing as CEO of the rehabilitation unit as the new hospital opens.
The CEO provides leadership and management ensuring superior quality care, employee engagement and customer service while maximizing profitability. These responsibilities are performed in a manner consistent with our organizational values and principles. This is an excellent opportunity to provide hands-on operations management with a focus on business development, physician relations, quality services and fiscal responsibility.
The CEO participates as a member of Senior Management for Select Medical and with RUSH in supporting the current operations of the rehabilitation unit, reviewing performance against both short and long term goals and established budgets. Assures delivery of services in accordance with Select Medical and RUSH standards, as well as the standards of applicable federal and state regulatory agencies.
This role is responsible for ensuring a collaborative management approach and coordination of interdisciplinary, inter-facility state-of-the-art programs and cost effective operations to meet patient care needs within a best practice model.
- Identifies areas of development for further education and training needs, and coordinates available resources from Select Medical and RUSH to provide such education and training for both the immediate and future needs of operations.
- Assesses strength of leadership for the provision of inpatient rehabilitation services and works with Select Medical and our partner to insure that appropriate leadership is in position for both the short and long term.
- Works with Select Medical and our partner in the development and preparation of short-term and long-term plans and budgets based upon the goals and growth objectives of the two organizations. Assesses existing programs and proposes and develops new programs as needed to enhance care or profitability.
- Works with Director of Business Development to develop and implement a business development plan that includes widespread development of relationships with both our partner and surrounding community, that promotes growth of both current and future rehabilitation services.
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, business or related discipline required.
- Minimum of five years experience in the healthcare industry, with at least three to five years in an executive management/administration position with proven outcomes required.
- Clinical exposure or experience in a rehabilitation discipline preferred.
Our inpatient rehabilitaion unit will provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.