Select Medical treats more than 80,000 patients in a typical day. Ranging from some of the most critically ill individuals in our nation’s healthcare system to some of the most fit athletes, our patients benefit from the combined knowledge and expertise of over 50,000 employees. No matter what the setting, our people are dedicated to providing an exceptional patient experience.
Select Medical is expanding its Information Security Team and is seeking highly motivated individuals to work with the latest security technologies. Select Medical offers an innovative, fast-paced work environment where an entrepreneurial spirit is encouraged. Qualified individuals should have a degree in Computer Science, Information Risk Assurance or related discipline, along with at least 6 years of relevant experience.
The Security Specialist is responsible for helping with the planning, design and implementation of security solutions. This individual will collaborate on multiple security-related projects and technologies, interfacing with team members within the IT organization as well as other internal business units and external customers/partners.
You will play a key role Information Security program, aimed at maximizing the company’s alignment with corporate security polices/standards, strategic goals and regulatory requirements.
- This individual must display an in-depth understanding of the latest trends and technologies related to IT Security and Compliance.
- Monitor security threats, analyze vulnerability assessments and balance security with business rules/needs.
- Perform ongoing information risk assessments and audits to ensure that information systems and PHI / PII data is adequately protected and meet regulatory requirements.
- Respond to security related incidents escalated from various departments, working across multiple teams to communicate and manage expectations during the resolution of any issue.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently.
- Execute computer forensics on an as-needed basis.
- Establish collaborative working relationships with the business units to ensure that IT security policies and standards enable a secure and scalable environment.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Information Security frameworks and standards, including NIST, ISO, HIPAA and SOX.
- Demonstrate experience in auditing and assessing the security controls of third parties, vendors, business partners and cloud service providers.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with strong ability to balance differing stakeholder interests through sound analysis and persuasion.
- Provide security engineering support for firewalls, routers, SEIM, NAC, IPS and networks.
- Instill a sense of urgency in driving assignments to completion.
- Take responsibility for researching and providing input to Information Security strategies.
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Be flexible, organized, proactive and motivated.
- Enjoy understanding and presenting risk context in a highly collaborative work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Risk Assurance or related discipline.
- 1-2 years of IT Security Experience
- Scripting skills
- Security +, CISA, CCNA, GIAC, GCIH certifications are a plus
Trust, respect, teamwork, results orientation and resourcefulness are values Select Medical was founded on. Together we call these values The Select Medical Way and they are what set us apart as a premier healthcare provider and employer. We are guided by these values and we put people first.
If you’re looking for a meaningful career you will find it here at Select Medical, where we offer the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Select Medical is an EOE
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.