Health Information Credentialing Technician - Inpatient Rehab
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Hospital*
Miami, Fl. 33155
Health Information Credentialing Technician
Do you enjoy the non-clinical side of health care, credentialing, and paper/electronic records (EPIC)? Then this might be an opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a Health Information Credentialing Technician to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
Performs functions related to preparation and scanning of medical records, inclusive of tracking medical records, filing, and retrieval of protected health information. Cross-trained in the release of information function and inquires.
- Maintains a discharge list and verifies receipt of corresponding medical record.
- Files miscellaneous reports, correspondence into the medical record to ensure completeness.
- Cross-trained in the release of information function and inquires for health information requests, inclusive of telephone coverage for the department.
- Maintains positive working relationship with interdisciplinary treating team as necessary to medical record completion process.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of health information
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• At least one year of previous experience in medical records preferred.
• Knowledge of HIPAA and Joint Commission standards preferred.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.