Admission Nurse, RN
HonorHealth Rehabilitation Hospital
*Joint Partnership with HonorHealth and Select Medical*
Full-time Admissions Nurse (RN)
Monday to Friday
11:00am to 7:30pm
As part of the interdisciplinary admission team, the admission nurse performs initial patient assessments collecting data to form the basis of individualized plans of care in collaboration with the admission physician, physical therapist and occupational therapist. This individual would primarily be focused on admissions and assessments.
Job Duties Include:
- Performs a complete nursing assessment on patients as soon as possible after admission, but within 8 hours from the time of admission. Documents this information within the Admission Assessment Record.
- Ensures the data collected from the admission assessment forms the basis of an individualized plan of care. Goals and interventions are developed related to the diagnosis and co-morbidities of each patient and by collaborating with patient/family.
- Within the admission assessment, completes a thorough skin assessment. Captures all wounds by photograph, and accurately describes measures and stages wounds.
- Identifies teaching needs related to the diagnosis and co-morbidities of each patient from the admission nursing assessment and by collaborating with patient/family, as well as the Interdisciplinary Team. Begins the education process.
- Provides a comprehensive orientation to patients/family regarding the rehabilitation process and time frames.
- Initiates/performs a complete patient Functional Independence Measure (FIM) assessment and records in accordance with the division policy.
- Communicates all pertinent information regarding the patient’s status to the primary nurse, as well as the attending physician, Nurse Manager/Charge Nurse as appropriate.
- Assists with wound care program. Maintains wound care protocol by chart reviews and weekly update rounds as needed.
- Attends all mandatory in-services, keeps abreast of current departmental and hospital-wide policies and procedures and maintains ongoing communication with departmental managers to ensure delivery of safe, effective patient care in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Positively contributes to the functioning of the unit by providing calm direction and reassurance to ancillary staff, other departments, patients and families. Demonstrates flexibility, team building, and promotes an efficient and positive work environment. Immediately refers problems to the Nurse Manager.
- Identifies and initiates own professional growth, actively pursues professional development through continuing education and self study
- Admissions experience strongly preferred
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
- BSN or enrollment in BSN program preferred.
- Certified BLS required prior to start.
Additional benefits of becoming a nurse with us:
- Flexible scheduling
- Manageable caseloads
- A high percentage of patients being discharged home
- Team-oriented culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.