Home Health- Clinical Coordinator - LVN
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Clinical Coordinator, LVN
Full time - 32 hours /Saturday - Tuesday
The Clinical Coordinator assists with field staff, patients/caregivers, acute and post-acute care provider's communication to and from agency and documents appropriately.
2. Reviews and approves clinician's orders and reviews updated physician orders and communicates and coordinates with field staff and patients. Ensures necessary supplies and/or equipment are available.
3. Review high risk for re-hospitalization algorithm through SHP and communicates with clinicians to flag qualified/appropriate patients a. Clinically evaluates progress of patients and risk for patients that are flagged as high risk b. Contacts patients as appropriate as identified by patient clinical care needs. c. Contacts primary clinician as appropriate when changes in patient condition are observed through the high risk program. d. Provides increased clinical coordination with patients who are high risk for readmission through calls
4. Participates in all clinical meetings.
5. Collaborates on coordination of patient care as needed with DON, DOR and clinical care team.
6. Provides clinical coordination and communication with patients/caregivers, physicians, and other clinicians in accordance with current standards and regulations 7. Acts as a resource for clinical staff and operations to have frequent in person two-way conversations and exchange of information regarding clinical needs, desired changes, organization updates, and other pertinent information as needed.
8. Works collaboratively to assure documentation is complete and consistent with care and reflects legal, regulatory and agency requirements.
9. Participates in helping to develop standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective service to patients and families. Works with the Administrator to ensure that standards are met.
10. Participates in establishing the functions and qualifications for each service position; coordinates interdisciplinary team services a. Assures ongoing assessment of patient/family needs and implementation of interdisciplinary team plan of care. b. Participates in coordinating Agency's services with services of other community agencies. c. Serves on QAPI committee. d. Participates in studies and research and other administrative functions as assigned
11. Other duties as assigned.
- Current state licensure as LPN/LVN required.
- Certified BLS completion required; for new hires, see CPR Requirement Guidelines for New Hires.
- Previous experience preferred.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.