Research Lab Manager - Full Time
California Rehabilitation Institute
**A Joint Venture with Cedars-Sinai, UCLA Health and Select Medical**
Research Lab Manager
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
Under general guidance, works closely with the medical director of the lab to help manage, support, and coordinate research activities in the research medical director's lab. Coordinates and is responsible for all aspects of study performance, supports research studies in the lab, and assists the research medical director with operations of the laboratory. Provides technical and administrative support within and between labs. Coordinates all lab activities, including but not limited to, patient interactions, data acquisition, budgetary/financial compliance, preparation of grant proposals and IRB documents, and creating independent presentations.
- Assists with research-related reporting in compliance with guidelines such as those related to HIPAA , IRB, and FDA.
- Assists with all operational details of clinical studies and clinical trials, including lab finance management.
- Supports the research medical director with research initiatives at California Rehabilitation Institute (and California Rehabilitation Foundation) to optimize opportunities for clinical research in accordance with research policies of California Rehabilitation Institute.
- Works well independently with minimal supervision, and works well with others.
- Enters data into databases; manages databases; and helps analyze data and prepare results for publication.
- Helps develop and implement new laboratory procedures and protocols, additionally assists with selected research procedures.
- Interacts with study enrollees, including patients with a neurological condition and healthy controls; by mail, phone, or at live visits; for purposes that include scheduling a study visit, arranging a taxi/Uber ride, delivering equipment to the patient’s home, screening a patient for study eligibility, or performing assessments.
- Assists in the preparation of research grant applications, manuscripts, IRB documents, and powerpoint presentations.
- Obtains medical records from outside institutions; assists in maintaining research records for research studies.
- Assists in clinical research data acquisition, and with compliance with appropriate confidential data management and storage.
- Manages inventory of lab equipment; orders lab supplies and equipment; assists with arranging repair of malfunctioning lab equipment and computers.
- Orients new lab members to lab operations and procedures.
- Organizes lab-related activities and meetings.
- Assists with all manner of communication for the lab, including for research activities and meetings; with different study teams and team members; both within the lab and across non-lab study sites; helps compose and distribute newsletters; maintains social media.
- Assists research medical director with professional duties, e.g., correspondence, travel arrangements, and shipping.
- May be requested by the research medical director to take on specific supervisory activities, and provide administrative leadership, and/or technical expertise.
- May assist in planning steps for the investigative process.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in research required.
- Experience with statistical software preferred.
- Experience with databases and Excel (advanced) required. Experience with REDCap software preferred.
- Previous experience in project management preferred.
- Experience within rehabilitation field preferred.
- Experience in hospital data collection and research preferred.
At California Rehabilitation Institute, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of Full Time positions include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 50,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.