Food Service Supervisor, Full-Time
Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
Saddle Brook, NJ
Food Service Supervisor
Shift Hours: 11:00am - 7:00pm, Full-Time
(This includes weekday and weekend shifts)
Benefits of being a Food Service Supervisor with us:
- Working with a great kitchen and dietary team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Advancement opportunities
- Gaining healthcare experience
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
- Team oriented culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation opportunities
Manages and coordinates operations of the department including food service and nutritional care to promote optimal patient care while providing exemplary customer service. Plans, organizes and implements department policies and procedures. Performs multiple responsibilities including but not limited to menu planning, personnel management, development, training and evaluation of systems and processes to achieve department goals. Assures compliance with standard practices and regulatory requirements.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises food service activities and the delivery of food to the patients. Works with the staff to maintain effective workflow. Implements established policies, procedures, techniques and methods to achieve departmental objectives. Evaluates operational performance of the department and recommends change to increase quality of service, productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Trains, orients, instructs, assigns and supervises food service staff. Interprets policies and procedures, counsels and guides employees. Evaluates performance and recommends personnel actions such as merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions. Participates in the development of in-service and training program for staff. Maintains appropriate HR records for employees, including attendance logs, competency checklists, education plans, etc.
- Assigns, instructs and supervises department to develop and maintain effective working relationships and coordination of the various functions of the department, including: storage, service, food preparation and production, clean-up and sanitation. Assures compliance with regulatory requirements concerning food handling. Assists Chef Supervisor in maintaining HACCP plan for the department.
- Oversees care and maintenance of kitchen equipment. Oversees departmental compliance with established safety, environmental, and infection control policies and procedures.
- If patient menus are utilized, oversees the daily collection, distribution and collection of patient menus. Acts as a patient liaison for obtaining food preferences. Acts as a checker on the tray line and assures proper delivery of meals to patients.
- Participates in the ordering of departmental items, which may include Nutritional Supplements, Office Supplies, Uniforms, minor Raw Food items. Monitors spending and ordering within established budgets. Maintains appropriate records of spending and revenue.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses):
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a New Jersey approved course in Food Service Management required.
- Completion of a state-approved Sanitation is required.
- One or more years of experience supervising food service personnel preferred.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals:
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.