Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) Case Manager-SelectKids in Ankeny, IA
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Case Manager- Ankeny, IA SelectKids Pediatrics- NOW HIRING!!
SelectKids in Ankeny, IA is seeking a FULL time Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) Case Manager for our pediatric population. An ideal BCBA Case Manager has at least TWO years of experience and is able to begin within a month of acceptance. As a case manager you are responsible for designing and overseeing programs for children served by SelectKids based on the principles of Applies Behavior Analysis. This position requires an individual to supervise line therapists, complete assessments, write reports and collaborate with families, clinicians and school teams in addition to other responsibilities as appropriately assigned.
You must have your BCBA certification to be considered.
Full time benefits include:
- UNMATCHED continuing education program with internal CEU accrediting courses and more!
- Affordable PPO Benefits with Tobacco Free Discounts
- Company matching 401(k)
- GENEROUS Paid Time Off plus Holidays and more!
For additional details, contact our Regional Recruiter- Shanel!
Regional Recruiter- Outpatient Division
Select Physical Therapy
Select Medical Corporation's Outpatient Division is a nationally prominent, locally driven provider of outpatient physical rehabilitation with approximately 1600 locations in 37 states, including the District of Columbia. Throughout the country we operate primarily as Select Physical Therapy, NovaCare Rehabilitation, Physio, Kessler Rehabilitation Center, KORT, Saco Bay Physical Therapy, Concentra, SSM Physical Therapy and Keystone Physical Therapy. Our highly respected clinical team provides preventative and rehabilitative services that maximize functionality and promote well-being. We develop individualized treatment plans to help achieve each patient's specific goals. Our integrated local market network allows us to effectively partner with physicians, employers, payors and case managers to achieve optimal patient outcomes in a cost-effective manner. We also provide physical therapy and athletic training services to professional sports teams, colleges, universities and high schools. #ACN
Responsible for designing and overseeing programs for children served by Pediatric Place based on the principals of Applies Behavior Analysis. This position requires an individual to supervise line therapists, complete assessments, write reports, and collaborate with families, other therapists, and school teams in addition to other responsibilities.
- Review Policies & Procedures manual on a yearly basis and adheres to the policies and procedures set forth as well as any updates.
- Complete and maintain all Corporate & Clinical Services required trainings and maintain compliance with state/local/federal regulations.
- Evaluate, treat, and direct treatment for patients for whom ABA is medically necessary. Document this need clearly.
- Maintain ongoing documentation in which goals, progress toward functional goals, and medical necessity are clearly stated.
- Complete all required documentation (pre-certifications, physicians reports, daily notes, charge tickets, etc.) legibly or electronically, appropriately and in a timely fashion in order to meet facility, physician and payer deadlines.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with co-workers, physicians, patients, family members, and third party payers at all times.
- Attend and/or participate in facility meetings as directed by Center Manager (may include utilization review, infection control, disaster preparedness, etc.)
- Utilize time efficiently and effectively to meet productivity requirements of the facility.
- Participate in and present clinical in-services.
- Maintain current awareness of general changes in the healthcare field and specific issues impacting the practice of ABA.
- Play a significant role in specific area of center operations as agreed upon between employee and Center Manager.
- Subject to limitations imposed by state/local/federal law.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of behavioral principles and implements behavioral programming as evidenced by making behavior intervention plans based off functional behavioral assessments and defining and tracking behavior in observable and measurable terms.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Verbal Behavior and implements VB based programs as evidence using the VB-MAPP and other assessments as applicable to create treatment programs.
- Monitors programs frequently and adjusts targets based on progress through data analysis as evidenced by written notes stating changes and reason for changes.
- Communicates proactively with parents and staff regarding changes to child’s program.
- Ensures all therapists have a clear understanding of current behavior plans.
- Provides specific feedback when providing on-site supervision to therapists
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a professional manner.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively direct and supervise the activities of ABA therapists in delivering quality care to patients. Includes coaching and teaching skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Effective clinical problem solving skills (eg. identify and prioritize issues in responsive manner, develop and execute sound, innovative action plans, ensure appropriate results, etc.).
- Strong communication skills for accurate, concise, and organized oral and written presentations of information to patients and staff and referral sources.
- Computer skills for effective reporting including documentation, billing, payroll, note taking, etc.
- Requires the ability to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity and the ability to work effectively with patients, personnel, and outside agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people within an outpatient setting.
- Ability to lift patients using appropriate biomechanical techniques frequently throughout the course of a work day/shift. Must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds dead weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a work day/shift.
- Visual acuity (near and distant) sufficient to evaluate, diagnose and monitor patient needs and to maintain accurate records, recognize people and provide directions.
- Ability to speak and hear sufficiently to understand and give directions.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment through the facility and in the community.
- Possess fine motor skills for legible and accurate reporting, charting, scheduling, daily correspondence and presentations, either manually or through use of electronic equipment.
- Possess fine motor skills for effective and efficient handling of diagnostic or therapeutic equipment.
- Successful completion of those educational requirements as mandated for Board Certified Behavior Analyst Certificates.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification required.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.