Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Physical Therapist (PT)
20-30 hours a week
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you committed to delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
Using discretion and independent judgment, you will assist patients and their families in coping with the unpredictability of illness within the context of the hospital environment.
- Performing initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment.
- Providing timely and accurate documentation.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.
- Setting goals and developing treatment plans.
- Working cooperatively as an ancillary interdisciplinary team member to identify and solve patient-specific and facility-wide needs.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- You have a current state licensure as a Physical Therapist.
- Possessing a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Critical Care experience in a hospital setting is a plus!
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
We'd love for you to join our team!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.