Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Health Information / Credentialing Manager
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Health Information/Credentialing Manager to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
As a Health Information /Credentialing Manger you will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing the Health Information and Credentialing Services. Including record processing and physician record completion, transcription, filing, storage/retrieval, release of confidential information, maintenance and safety/security of all medical records, as well as, maintenance of medical and allied health staff credentialing files to meet regulatory requirements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Consistently demonstrating commitment to customer service excellence in all interactions with patients, family members, visitors and other staff.
- Participating in building and maintaining positive working relationships through effective communication, performance improvement and teamwork efforts. Demonstrates the ability to clearly and effectively communicate (to include reading, writing, and speaking) to all patients, family members, visitors and other staff members.
- Accomplishing individual and team goals and objectives established by your supervisor based on prior performance evaluation.
- Assembling and analysis of medical records in accordance to hospital policy, and regulatory requirements for medical record documentation (JCAHO, CARF, and CMS).
- Assisting the clinical team in chart completion by running weekly reports of incomplete/delinquent medical records, pulling charts for completion, providing feedback on performance, and processing transcription/miscellaneous reports.
- Performing concurrent and retrospective ongoing records reviews to ensure compliance to standards for medical record documentation.
As a Health Information / Credentialing Manager , you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Health Information / Credentialing Manager role include:
- An Associate’s degree in a health care related field
- Current credentials as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or RHIT-eligible status, Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or RHIA-eligible status
- Working knowledge of medical staff organization and credentialing activities.
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous medical record experience required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical transcription guidelines and policies and procedures
- Knowledge of operating PC based equipment/applications and programs
- Strong communication skills with focus on customer service
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs.
Other full-time benefits of the Health Information/ Credentialing Manager position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.