Medical Collection Responsibilities:
- Call insurance companies and utilize payor websites to resolve unpaid insurance claims.
- Initiate the review and appeal process on disputed claims.
- Obtain goal expectations set forth by management.
- Meet payer requirements for timely adjudication of claims.
- Assertive collection efforts.
- Manage high-volume patient accounts.
- Establish a Positive Patient Experience.
Customer Service Rep Responsibilities:
- Answering, forwarding and logging incoming calls.
- Sorting, stamping, scanning, linking and forwarding incoming mail according to department protocols.
- Comprehending insurance and patient responsibilities in relation to account balances and billing.
- Resolving patient, center, and internal account inquiries, both verbal and written. Forwarding the inquiries to the Lead and members of the A/R team or appropriate supervisors as necessary if unable to resolve inquiry.