Director of Business Development
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
When a patient has spent time in the ICU, sometimes he or she will need more intensive, specialized care to fully recover. Select Specialty critical illness recovery hospital offers an extended acute care setting that focuses on mobility, weight-bearing, ambulation, and nutrition - all crucial contributors to getting patients back to their baseline of health.
Directors of Business Development lead the business development and admissions efforts for our critical illness recovery hospitals. The successful candidate will oversee a team of clinical liaisons and admissions coordinators in developing and nurturing professional relationships with physicians, discharge planners, payers, and other clinicians in acute care hospitals.
- Be a servant leader who works along-side liaisons in the field and negotiates relationships with hospital leaders at every level.
- Be highly attentive to the needs of your team in the field: be available to remove obstacles and invest in continuous training and employee development
- Collaborate with hospital directors and CEOs to create admissions strategies and remove obstacles to patient admissions and discharges
- Craft messaging that Liaisons can take into the field to improve understanding of and focus on our specialized level of care
- Use data to understand hospital and market trends and to advise teammates and referring entities in best practices
- Knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of hospital care and discharge practices
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- A love of learning
- Proven success in relationship development with people within and outside our organization
- Ability to work collaboratively with members of the marketing and nurse liaison teams to establish and achieve referral goals.
- Professional sales skills required.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Marketing or a clinical field (Masters preferred).
- Five or more years of progressive experience in hospital sales and marketing.
- Three or more years of team management experience.
Company Info and Benefits
Select Medical is one of the nation's largest providers of healthcare. Our national network of over 47,000 employees helps improve quality of life for more than 60,000 patients every day.
Our employees are guided daily by a set of core values and cultural behaviors that drive our hospital teams to deliver an exceptional patient experience and for the company to deliver an exceptional employee experience.
At Select Medical, our full-time employees enjoy comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Full-time benefits include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO), including Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Monthly and quarterly bonus plan
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
Select Medical is an organization where patient safety and employee safety are a priority. This focus on safety is applicable to all business lines and levels of care. One of our 4 Key organizational results is
Keep our Patients and Each Other Safe.
To those of us who work for Select Medical, these are more than words. Putting safety first allows us to provide superior care for our patients and provides a work environment where each employee is expected to take care of themselves and each other my making safe choices, using equipment provided, identifying work place hazards, adhering to safety policies and procedures and reporting risks or hazards as soon as possible.
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.