Respiratory Therapist, Full-time (New Hospital)
Banner Rehabilitation Hospital, Downtown Phoenix
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Banner Health*
775 East Willetta St. Phoenix, Arizona 85006
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Full-Time (8am to 8:30 pm with rotating weekends)
We will be opening up our brand new 56-bed acute rehab hospital in downtown Phoenix in Nov 2020.
Join our team now and help us open our new facility !
Performs basic and advanced therapeutic procedures as outlined by the State Department of Health and under the scope of respiratory care services. Transcribes and implements physician orders in a competent and timely manner. Uses basic/advanced oxygen assessment skills and patient information to maintain awareness and coordinate patient care nee
- Performs advanced life support procedures including tracheal intubation using independent judgment in coordinating patient's respiratory care plans and needs with the physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff.
- Confers with physicians to formulate and coordinate alternative forms of therapy according to patient need.
- Initiates patient-ventilator weaning procedures under the direction of the physician.
- Performs basic tracheostomy care including but not limited to routine and emergent tracheostomy tube changes.
- Monitors patient's respiratory status using competent bedside assessment skills and maintains awareness of patient pH/electrolyte balance, ABG values, renal, neurological, and orthopedic functions as applicable to the delivery of respiratory care.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Must possess "active" credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or state equivalent; RRT Preferred
- BLS certification required
- Current state licensure required
- 1 year of related experience preferred
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.