Registered Nurse Assistant Facility Manager - Baylor Rehab - Neuro Transitional Rehabilitation- Dallas
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Assistant Residential Manager (RN) - Registered Nurse
Neuro Transitional Unit
We have an opening for an Assistant Residential Manager (RN) for our Neuro Transitional Unit.
Assistant Residential Manager must be an RN. Will be responsible for oversight of day to day medical coordination, assist with nurse delegation and direct patient care to maintain patient medical stability within the Neuro Transitional Center in accordance with ALF guidelines. Will also participate in nurse on call duties.
Transitional rehabilitation is dedicated for individuals with traumatic brain injury (TBI), spinal cord injury* (SCI - C5 and below; not on vent), stroke or other neurological diseases, and who are also at high risk for unsafe discharge. Our Neuro Transitional Center provides a unique environment designed to feel like a home, yet gives patients with physical, behavioral and cognitive impairments access to comprehensive therapy in multiple settings.
Specialized therapists help transitional patients restore independent living skills — with the goal of safely functioning in their home and community. Our new Neuro Transitional Center is another way we're changing rehabilitation for the better.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- Valid local state RN License required, other disciplines may be considered; PT/OT/SLP
- Licensure discipline must be in conjunction with Rehab Residential Manager's license. Between both positions, an RN and Therapist's license must be present.
- BLS certification through the American Heart Association required
- Valid local state Driver's License in good standing required.
- Knowledge of staffing patterns/ratios preferred.
- Two years of supervisory experience in assisted living or rehabilitation environment preferred; experience with brain injury population preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and problem solve effectively required.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.