Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Respiratory Therapy Manager
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking an Respiratory Therapy Manager to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
Using discretion and independent judgment, assumes responsibility for overall functions and professional growth of the Department, contributes to development of site-specific therapist driven protocols, provides consultation with regard to pulmonary disorders and Respiratory Therapy practice, and provides quality respiratory care while ensuring the development and routine monitoring of the Respiratory Therapy Department. This position also provides discipline specific education to patients, families and staff as required, and works collaboratively with the Chief Nursing Officer to ensure that all departmental standards are met while following the appropriate standards of practice to ensure regulatory compliance.
Specific responsibilities of the Respiratory Therapy Manager include:
- Responsibility for the 24 hour operations of the respiratory therapy department
- Overseeing the daily operations of the Respiratory Therapy Department to include staff interviews, employment decision, orientation, performance evaluations, employee training and development, as well as inventory, equipment, and instrument issues
- Sharing responsibility for employee engagement, recruitment and retention
- Implementing company standards of care, policies, and procedures
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements are met regarding respiratory and point of care
- Functioning as Moderate Complexity Lab Manager over point of care testing (Site Dependent)
- Functioning as the Safety Officer, overseeing the Environment of Care (Site Depending)
- Creating and maintaining clinical schedule for safe staffing
- Maintaining clinical cost control
- Coordinating and actively participating in Wean Team/Pulmonary Rounds and maintains a direct line of communication with pulmonary physicians to facilitate/implement and routinely monitor weaning patients from mechanical ventilation; if protocols do not exist, works toward site specific protocol implementation
- Maintaining open and ongoing communication with the Chief Nursing Officer to ensure patient, staff, and facility needs are met
- Promoting flexibility, team building and engagement to promote an efficient and positive work environment
- Steering Progressive clinical excellence through staff development
- Promoting continuous quality improvement
- Teaching and counseling patients/families
- Maintaining competency in Rapid Response and code events
Providing respiratory care to patients with critical and complex medical and surgical conditions.
As a Respiratory Therapy Manager, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do.
Other requirements of the Respiratory Therapy Manager role include:
- Valid Respiratory Therapy license in state of employment
- Registered Credential (RRT) from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two years supervisory experience preferred
- Five (5) years’ of experience as a Respiratory Therapist in an Acute Care setting
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of hire
- Skills in handling emergency and life-threatening situations
- Positive, caring and customer-service oriented attitude
At Select Medical, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of the Respiratory Therapy Manager position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Discounted membership to 9,500 gyms nationwide
- Clinical advancement program
- Select Medical operates hospitals in multiple states offering attractive growth and relocation opportunities
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.