Maintenance Mechanic - New Hospital
Banner Rehabilitation Hospital - Downtown Phoenix
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Banner Health*
775 East Willetta St. Phoenix, Arizona 85006
Banner Health in partnership with Select Medical announced a joint venture partnership that includes the construction of three new acute inpatient rehabilitation hospitals in the metro Phoenix, West Valley and East Valley. The new state-of-the-art, 56-bed facilities will better serve the needs of patients requiring care resulting from stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury, amputation, neurological disorders, among other conditions.
This position will begin now to help support the new downtown Phoenix hospital opening in Nov 2020.
A Maintenance Mechanic performs general mechanical and preventive tasks. Inspects, services, repairs and overhauls physical plant equipment as directed. Duties are performed in relation with patient and employee safety. Enhances the patient/employee experience by maintaining and improving the environment.
- Carries out routine and specific assignments to insure equipment and hospital are in safe operating condition and are in compliance with regulatory and /or accrediting codes.
- Inspects and completes repairs as documented on a daily basis.
- Tests emergency generators and equipment
- Conducts daily rounds and inspects and repairs plumbing
- Performs daily checks on the boilers, hot water heaters and water softeners.
- Visually checks aesthetics during rounds, i.e., stained ceiling tiles, chipped /dirty paint etc.
- Paints and performs light carpentry as needed.
- Inspects, maintains and repairs HVAC equipment.
- Documents all maintenance and maintains records.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Trade or vocational school background preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance, repair and safety procedures required
• Current and valid state Driver’s License required
• Current Black Seal license preferred (unless dictated as otherwise by state - six month option as a condition of employment)
Our hospital provides advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.