Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Territory includes: Mason City, Waterloo, Fort Dodge, Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids
Select Medical is one of the nation's largest providers of healthcare. Our national network of over 47,000 employees helps improve quality of life for more than 60,000 patients every day.
Our employees are guided daily by a set of core values and cultural behaviors that drive our hospital teams to deliver an exceptional patient experience and for the company to deliver an exceptional employee experience. It’s this strong sense of purpose that motivates us to connect with each other and fulfill our mission.
Critical Illness Recovery
When a patient has spent time in the ICU, sometimes he or she will need more intensive, specialized care to fully recover. Select Specialty critical illness recovery hospitals offer a post-ICU plan of care that focuses on mobility, weight-bearing, ambulation, and nutrition - all crucial contributors to getting patients back to their baseline of health. Clinical Liaisons at Select help hospitals in their local communities to identify post-ICU patients who have entered into a state of chronic critical illness and will benefit from this specialized extension of acute care.
Armed with a strong clinical background, payer knowledge and problem-solving skills, liaisons work with physicians, discharge planners, and patient families to plan the best continuum of care for post-ICU patients. Liaisons perform clinical assessments of referred patients, then counsel with patient families to assist them in making the best care decisions for their loved-one. Liaisons partner with hospital case managers to create smooth patient transfer processes and to help remove payer-related and operational barriers to getting appropriate patients into this highly effective level of care. This is a salaried position that works Monday- Friday with rotating on-call responsibility.
- Be a licensed Nurse or Respiratory Therapist with acute care experience
- Have a professional demeanor with excellent communications skills
- Be flexible, self-driven, accountable for results, autonomous, yet supportive of team efforts.
- Have a valid driver’s license, proof of valid auto insurance, and active clinical license are required.
- Prior sales or business development experience, preferred
Full-time employee benefits include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO), including Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Monthly bonus plan
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.