Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Weekend Availability Required
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working in a dynamic environment? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent experience to your team? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for performing general mechanical and preventative tasks, as well as performing inspections, services, repairs and overhauls on equipment of the hospital as directed.
- Installing all new equipment and systems as assigned and ensuring that installations and operations comply with all manufacturer’s specifications with all applicable codes, regulations and the hospital’s safety policies.
- Coordinating and inspecting projects to ensure that they are meeting quality standards in an approved time frame and that they comply with city/state codes as well as JACHO.
- Carrying out routine and specific assignments to ensure that the physical plant and assigned equipment are in safe operating condition and in compliance with applicable Hospital policies and with regulatory and/or accrediting codes and specifications.
How you will be successful in this environment:
- Having your high school diploma or equivalent.
- Trade school or vocational school background is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of maintenance, repair, and safety procedures is required.
- Hospital experience is preferred.
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
Your benefits as a Maintenance Mechanic:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join our team!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.