Home Health - Clinical Liaison - Baylor Rehab - Collin County
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Home Health - Clinical Liaison
We currently have openings for a Home Health Clinical Liaison in the Tarrant County area.
This position exists to initiate and develop relationships with current and potential referral sources and patients in rehabilitation hospitals. Performs pre-admission assessments to determine patient’s candidacy for admissions and assists to facilitate admission to Baylor Rehab. Achieves quantifiable objectives set by Baylor Rehab management. Calls upon hospital/personnel, physicians, and other potential referral sources to develop and manage key accounts within a specific geographical territory.
Employees in this position will:
- Completes pre-admission assessments timely, thoroughly, and so it justifies the admission decision. Pre-admission assessments must include detailed report of hospital course, functional and medical status, projected goals as well as anticipated rehabilitation program. Liaison must demonstrate both critical thinking skills in as well as compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates the pre-admission process with the Admission Department through effective communication as well as providing timely and appropriate documentation including the pre-admission assessment, rehabilitation hospital fact sheets, insurance information, etc. Fosters team work throughout the entire process.
- Collaborates with program coordinators, nursing, pharmacy, as well as medicine on complex referrals. Communicates with tact and demonstrates effective problem solving skills. Assures effective hand off communication to Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation care givers. Works to ensure any equipment or special needs are available for patient upon admission.
- Educates potential patients and families on rehabilitation and benefits of program(s). Distributes collateral materials appropriately.
- Develops and maintains positive business relationships with key referrers in assigned hospital(s). Provides exceptional customer service by ensuring patient referrals are managed and orchestrated seamlessly. Educates refers on rehabilitation programs and differences in levels of care as well as specialization of Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation programs. Functions as a clinical resource to help determine the appropriate level of rehabilitative care for patients. Advocates for patient access for rehabilitation.
- Develops and implements strategies to grow market share in core business lines in assigned hospital(s). Works closely with the Director of Business Development as well as Physician Liaisons to promote education programs, meet and greets, and other collaborative meetings in hospitals. Works to achieve strategic and quantifiable goals. Represents Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation as a leader in rehabilitation medicine in the most professional and respectful manner.
- Promotes Baylor Institute for Rehabilitation services and programs to the external community. Is available to assist at health fairs, educational programs, etc.
- Continually strives to improve and develop the Clinical Liaison program, regularly identifying improvements and suggest changes as needed. Supports team members in the field.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- Current and valid state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Demonstrated familiarity with hospital admissions procedures.
- Proven track record in sales and marketing with a least one year experience in a related position preferred.
- Current State Driver’s License in good standing required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, software and a variety of office equipment.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.