Therapy Coordinator (Part-time)
UF Health Rehabilitation Hospital
*An affiliation with Select Medical & UF Health*
Therapy Coordinator (Part-time)
Benefits of being a Therapy Coordinator with us:
- Working with a great therapy team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Competitive rates
- Opportunity for full-time employment
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation and advancement opportunities
The Therapy Coordinator performs various administrative duties to support the daily operations of the Rehabilitation Services Department. Position requires initiative, problem solving abilities, and strong interpersonal skills. Coordinates patient scheduling, assist with staffing, audits and related activities. Promotes enhanced operations through strong communication and computer skills.
- Supports the functions of the therapy department by maintaining tools to enhance operations such as the patient schedule, performing audits and assisting with coordination of Team Conference schedule.
- Works closely with Therapy Director / Manager or Therapy Leads to maintain staffing calendar and ensure staffing based on coverage requirements to support patient scheduling needs.
- Coordinates assignment of staff to patients consistent with their qualifications and treatment teams.
- Utilizes spreadsheets and databases to maintain information and tracking logs for the department. Ensures that computer entries are accurate and entered in a timely basis.
- Communicates with appropriate hospital personnel regarding patient schedules, team conference schedules and
- other related meetings/appointments as requested. Manages schedule requests from therapists in a timely and efficient manner and coordinates with other clinical departments. Responds to requests for information according to established procedures. This includes but is not limited to requests from patients, other departments and physicians
- Demonstrates flexibility with assignments by managing daily workload and additional assignments as given.
- Performs administrative duties in an efficient and timely manner. Performs coverage for Rehabilitation Aides or other support staff as requested and deemed appropriate by the therapy director or manager.
Other qualifications of the Therapy Coordinator position include:
• High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Proficiency in office skills, including typing and computer skills, and in the use of office equipment required.
• Minimum of one year of experience in a medical setting required. Previous experience within a therapy department and/or rehabilitation setting preferred.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.