Health Information Credentialing Manager (RHIA or RHIT)
TriHealth Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & TriHealth*
Health Information Credentialing Manager
TriHealth Rehabilitation Hospital is currently seeking a Health Information Credentialing Manager to join its collaborative leadership team. This is a great opportunity for a strong leader who is looking to take the next step in their professional career or for an experienced manager looking to join a dynamic organization.
We offer our Health Information Credentialing Manager a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, great vacation and sick time banks, competitive salary, tuition assistance, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a fantastic orientation/training program. Join our nationwide network of over 50K talented employees today!
The HIM is a member of the hospital leadership team who works in collaboration with the chief executive officer (CEO) to implement best practices, policies, and procedures to ensure quality and accurate delivery of medical record services. The HIM coordinates release of information to confirm compliance and assists in the development of systems to analyze and improve health information processes. The HIM credentials physicians to provide care within our hospital. We utilize EPIC EMR at our facility.
- Provides day to day supervision of site-specific medical record services and staff consistent with established policy and regulatory requirements, and statutes governing health information management practices.
- Directs the site-specific department within the scope of the operating budget/business plan and maintains necessary controls to ensure compliance with budgeted expenses, resources, and staff.
- Directs actions necessary to recruit, retain, and educate staff, inclusive of departmental meetings and in-services.
- Coordinates and monitors site-specific activities related to chart completion procedures, statistics, and clinical pertinence reviews with the provision of feedback to respective staff and interdisciplinary departments.
- Coordinates and monitors release of information to ensure compliance to applicable statutes and regulations governing the release of health information.
- Assists in the development and implementation of systems to assess, analyze, and improve health information processes and outcomes in a cost-effective manner.
- Provides direction and leadership to hospital staff as necessary to carry out departmental and organizational goals for the provision of medical record services.
- Remains current on issues, trends, and regulations impacting the health care environment and serves as a resource to interdisciplinary departments in the area of medical record practices.
- Monitors transcription services, to ensure quality and timeliness of information, refers to Medical Record Team when assistance is needed to maintain turn around times.
- Participating member of Medical Record Committee, Facility Management Team, and Ad Hoc Committees.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Requires an Associate’s degree in a healthcare-related field.
- Requires Current credentials as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or RHIT-eligible status, Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or RHIA-eligible status, as required by state regulation.
- One to three (1-3) years experience in a Health Information or Credentialing Department preferred.
- Broad-based knowledge of PC based software systems, and exposure to computerized clinical information management systems.
- Effective written and oral skills.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.