Dignity Health Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Dignity Health Rehab Hospital*
Per Diem Clinical Dietitian
Hours are based on department needs. Weekend and holiday flexibility required.
Provides quality nutritional care to patients, including the assessment of nutritional needs, the development of medical nutrition therapies, and implements these plans with the multi-interdisciplinary team. Participates in multi-interdisciplinary rounds. Provides nutrition education to patients and families. Acting Food Service supervisor as needed/ required by the department. Implements established departmental and Institute policies and procedures. Follows standard practices and complies with regulatory requirements.
- Provides quality nutrition services including, but not limited to, screening, initial assessment, re-assessments, nutrition counseling and education, therapeutic diet calculations and calorie counts. Develops appropriate nutritional care plan.
- Considers religious, cultural and ethical factors when completing nutrition assessments and creating plan of care.
- Evaluates potential food/drug interactions, and/or herb/supplement interactions. Provides nutrition education/counseling as appropriate.
- Communicates and implements nutritional plan of care with the interdisciplinary care team.
- Attend Interdisciplinary Care meetings, when assigned, for development of patient care plans. Participates with the interdisciplinary team in various medical rounds (as available at facility) i.e., wound rounds, or dysphagia rounds.
- Develops and implements educational programs for patients and staff. Works with the patient to identify a nutrition education plan and sets achievable goals.
- Keeps current with nutritional practices and theories. Maintains current ADA requirements, (i.e., Professional Portfolio, self development and continuing education classes.)
- Oversees Food and Nutrition departmental office systems, including diet cardex, place cards, ordering nutritional supplements, etc. Utilizes the electronic patient information system as needed.
- Acts as Food Service manager during scheduled weekends, holidays, or covering vacation shifts. Supervises staff along with Dietary Manager to achieve hospital and departmental mission and goals.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Baccalaureate Degree in Food and Nutrition or equivalent required.
- Current registration status as a Dietitian Registered with the American Dietetic Association or has completed a Dietetic Internship Program approved by the American Dietetic Association required.
- One to three years experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.