Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC)/Assistant Director of Sports Medicine-DePaul University
NovaCare Rehabilitation is accepting resumes for an Assistant Director of Sports Medicine. The sports assignment is still to be determined. In accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics, assists in managing the Athletic Training Room operations to provide for the care and prevention of athletic injuries of our student-athletes within the guidelines of the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference, DePaul University and HIPPA.
- Responsible for health and well being of our student-athletes. Sports coverage is tbd but most likely Women’s volleyball/winter and spring M&W track and Field (coverages subject to change). This includes the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of athletic injuries for student-athletes of assigned teams. Work closely with Sport Performance on all return to play programs. Sports Performance with be responsible for all programing for return to play strength and conditioning, injury and illness diagnosis, treatment/referral, rehabilitation and recommendation for return. Coordinate, schedule, and approve physician or other professional surgery or treatment. (40%)
- Responsible for assisting in the operations of the Athletic Training Room. This includes conducting assigned office hours, team practice and game coverage; conducting the drug testing program; ; maintenance of medical records and injury reports. (45%)
- Educate, advise and monitor student athletes on nutrition, wellness and lifestyle matters. (5%)
- Continue education in the area of Sports Medicine by attending conferences and seminars, conducting research of new philosophies and protocols, and educating staff on cutting edge practices to benefit the well being of our student athletes. (5%)
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA and HIPPA rules, policies and procedures pertaining to the sports medicine function of the department. Attend and participate in monthly NCAA rules compliance meetings. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree in health and human performance, or related field and Certification by the Board of Certification is required. Licensed or eligible in the State of Illinois. Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and AED certification. Minimum of one to two years College athletic training experience preferred. CSCS or similar certification is beneficial. Send resume, a letter of application describing interests, and three professional references with contact information through selectmedical.com/careers/search-jobs/. Review of applications begins immediately.
Please note, response time to all candidates may be delayed.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.