Home Health - Admissions Coordinator - Baylor Rehab - Flower Mound, TX
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Flower Mound, TX
Admissions Coordinator in Flower Mound Office
Full Time Monday - Friday 9am-6pm and rotating weekends on call monthly
Choose to be an integral part of a team that helps patients achieve their greatest potential and work toward productive, independent lives. The Home Health Admissions Coordinator exists to attend to telephone inquiries from patients, Case Managers, Physicians, Social Workers and outside agencies. Processes financial clearance prior to admissions by contacting insurance carrier, thereby assuring payment before patients are admitted. Assists in maintaining the Admissions Department on a daily basis. Coordinates activities with other departments as needed and participates in other related organizational activities.
Employees in this position will:
- Attend to telephone inquiries from patients, case manager, physicians, and outside agencies. Explains the Pre-Admission process.
- Receives faxed referrals and ensures they are reviewed and medically approved by a Baylor Rehab physician.
- Notifies referring hospital case manager of decision and schedules admissions.
- Enters Star of Care, schedules initial visits and ordered discharges.
- Maintains a referral database.
- Prepares spreadsheet with a list of scheduled admissions for the day and emails list to appropriate departments.
- Keeps supervisor informed of progress or problems.
- Cross-trained to interview, register, and admit a patient into the facility.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities (including licensure, certification and other job-related credentials)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing a broad range of duties with and Admissions or Pre-Admissions Department preferred.
- Previous experience within a Home Health setting preferred.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
• 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
• 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
• 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
• 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.