Unit Secretary - Inpatient Rehab
Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital, Edwin Shaw
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Cleveland Clinic*
Benefits of being a Unit Secretary with us:
- Working with a great nursing team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Ability to grow and learn new skills
- Gaining health care experience
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement/relocation opportunities
- Full-benefits package for Full-time (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
Organizes clerical functions of the nursing unit, including communication, record keeping, logs, and patient information. Notifies the nursing staff and/or charge nurse in a timely manner of pertinent patient information, including physician orders, laboratory or test results, and communication from other departments.
- Acts as a receptionist for the nursing unit, answering telephone calls, patient lights, and greeting and assisting visitors and staff. Answers questions and/or assists in problem solving or re-directing people to the proper resource.
- Organizes and updates all patient charts including proper forms with proper labels, posting orders for validation by the nurse or charge nurse, assuring proper order of charts, and thinning charts when indicated according to guidelines.
- Assembles new patient charts including proper tagging and identification, forms, stickers, and admission packets for use by clinical staff including nurses and physicians.
- Processes admissions, discharges and transfers, including computer entry and census information under the direction of the nurse.
- Reviews physician order sheets for new orders, initiates the necessary paper work assuring that no order is implemented until it is signed off by a nurse.
- Arranges appointments for patients under the direction of the nurse.
- Maintains supplies in support of the nursing unit including secretarial supplies and forms as well as equipment rentals or other special purchases in collaboration with the charge nurse or the DON.
- Assists with patient call lights, patient transportation, and patient care needs when needed and in accordance with their training and skill.
- Makes copies and performs any clerical support activities to assure efficiency and provide support to the clinical staff.
- Cross-trained and serves as a back up for Admission Coordinator when needed.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Education: High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 1 year clerical experience preferred in a medical setting.
- Proficient computer skills.
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.