Food Service Aide - Baylor Rehab - Dallas,TX
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Food Services Aide - Full time
This is a swing position. Candidates must be willing to work either 5a-1:30p or 11a-7:30p
You will deliver superior quality in all that you do and you will treat others as they wish to be treated. You are a results-oriented team player who is resourceful in overcoming obstacles. You are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
You will perform a variety of patient food services, dining room services and dish room services. You will be an integral part of the food preparations, serving of the prepared food to patients, families, staff and visitors and assisting in clean up.
- Providing quality work, showing knowledge of the job and good decision making.
- Being timely and efficient when preparing food.
- Providing high quality food preparation and service.
- Completing all procedures scheduled during the shift without compromising the quality of work.
- Volunteering to help in other areas of the kitchen when necessary.
- Demonstrating reliability and dependability in your work.
- Operating equipment and performing related duties in a safe manner.
Under the direction of the Food Services Manager, the Dietary Aide performs a variety of patient food services, dining room and dish room services, as well as, other related tasks. The Dietary Aide prepares food items and assembles prepared foods for patient trays, delivers trays to dining room or patients’ units, works in the dish room, and in pots and pans washing area as needed; also serves foods in the cafeteria, cleans cafeteria tables, and service counter area after meals. Dietary Aides are expected to adhere to the facility and departmental policies and procedures and to follow proper sanitation, safety, and infection control policies. This position does not provide direct patient care and requires employees to work rotating weekends.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You are attentive to detail and organized, focused on being a customer-service oriented team member.
- Having your high school diploma or equivalent.
- Having at least two years of previous food service work, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.