Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation | Select Medical
West Orange, NJ
Shift Hours: Per Diem, 5AM - 10AM
Monday - Friday (including weekends)
Benefits of becoming an Phlebotomist with us:
- Working with a great nursing team
- Impact on patient care and their quality of life
- Flexible scheduling
- Ability to learn new skills
- Advancement opportunities
- Gaining health care experience
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with relocation opportunities
A Phlebotomist collects/draws blood from all patients as requested. Follows standard operating procedures assuming responsibility for the safety and comfort of the patient. Assures that quality specimens are obtained.
- Performs phlebotomist duties according to established standards, practices and procedures. Uses proper techniques and equipment in the performance of duties.
- Follows standard precautions in performing duties. Assembles supplies and equipment. Assures equipment is clean and functioning properly.
- Greets patient in a courteous/professional manner. Confirms the identification of the patient using the patient’s full name and patient identification number before the procedure is performed. Collects appropriate specimens as indicated on the test request form following Phlebotomy procedures.
- Properly identifies the specimen(s) at the patient’s bedside using the request slip labels or by writing full patient information on the specimen(s) including the date, time and initials.
- Notifies the nursing staff of any problems or concerns encountered. Notifies nursing of any patient who has refused to have their blood drawn as well as “can’t get” patients and documents this via the request form.
- Centrifuges and processes specimens as needed. Verifies specimen collection.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses):
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of a Phlebotomy certification course or previous experience required.
- Previous hospital experience or related work preferred.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.