Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
DIRECTOR OF PHARMACY (DOP)
Practice pharmacoeconomic and pharmacokinetic duties while making a real difference and leading a hospital pharmacy team as a Director of Pharmacy. Our DOP will get to learn high level leadership skills, work with interdisciplinary teams in a fast-paced critical care environment. You will be the Pharmacy leader for your facility, reporting and closely collaborating with your CEO and other clinical teams to ensure we are ready to deal with medications for critically ill and medically complex patients. You will be responsible for clinical, operational, administrative, inventory, staffing and financial management of hospital pharmacy duties, and also administering the Adverse Drug Reaction Program.
A critical illness recovery hospital is similar to an extension of the short-term acute care ICU. We provide a progressive level of acute care, during a longer patient stay, to maximize the clinical benefits from nursing, medical and therapy services. Our patients’ extended stays allow us to get to know them and their families well. What’s more, they get to know us for our valued skills and caring attitude.
Why work for Select Specialty/Regency Hospital?
- The opportunity to build a career with an established, highly successful organization in a caring and compassionate environment.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of hospital leaders, critical care nurses, physical, respiratory and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians.
- Develop relationships with your employees and make a real difference.
- Career advancement opportunities
As a Director of Pharmacy (DOP), you are a contributing member of the hospital leadership team. Working alongside the healthcare team, you will be the driving force for the pharmacy to ensure appropriate pharmaceutical care is administered to patients of the hospital.
Other responsibilities of the Director of Pharmacy (DOP) position include:
- Providing clinical, operational, administrative, inventory, staffing and financial management of hospital pharmacy function
- Enjoying the full 360 degrees of pharmacy
- Being an active member of the interdisciplinary clinical team
- Correctly preparing all drugs and chemicals
- Ensuring compliance with standards of The Joint Commission, CMS and other regulatory bodies
- Managing and administering the Adverse Drug Reaction Program
- Developing and participating in new employee training and education programs
- Participating in quality assurance programs related to drug utilization and effectiveness
- Participating in all meetings of the pharmacy and therapeutics committee
- Participating in patient drug therapy monitoring
- Promoting an environment of continuous quality improvement
- Teaching and counseling patients/families
- Making referrals to resource personnel
- Current license in the state of practice
- Graduation from an accredited College of Pharmacy (Advanced degree preferred)
- Minimum of three (3) years of hospital experience within the last 5 years (one (1) year in a managerial role preferred)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Pharm D or BS Pharm plus advanced degree preferred
- Board Certification and/or Residency preferred
- Recent critical care pharmacy experience in a hospital setting preferred
- Positive, caring and customer service attitude
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs.
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- discounted membership to 7,000 gyms nationwide
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.