Select Medical is seeking a Medical Records Representative to join their Outpatient Central Billing Office.
- Answer, forward, and log incoming medical record requests
- Comply with state and federal privacy laws and state statutes in regards to billing and invoicing medical records
- Resolve patient and requester inquiries, both verbal and written
- Document all communication relative to patient accounts
- Work with team and appropriate staff to successfully resolve record requests
- Communicate changes in reimbursement rates, state laws/requirements, or vital account billing information
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
- Knowledge of indemnity insurance practices, contracts, managed care, and medical records fulfillment
- Proficiency in Windows based office technologies
- Must have a High School diploma or GED, with minimum one year computer experience and six months of customer service experience required
Select Medical is one of the nation's largest providers of specialized acute and post-acute care. Its network of nearly 48,000 employees operates or supports more than 100 hospitals specializing in long-term acute care, 27 medical rehabilitation hospitals, and more than 2,000 outpatient clinics offering physical and occupational therapy as well as urgent care. It also offers physical therapy and/or athletic training to approximately 300 high schools, colleges, and professional sports teams. Select Medical (NYSE: SEM) was founded in 1996 and is based in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. For more information, visit selectmedical.com
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.