Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - 7pm-11pm - Part Time
Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital
**A Joint Venture with Select Medical and Penn State Health**
Certified Nursing Assistant (TCU)
Shift Hours: 7pm - 11pm 5-7 days a week(Transitional Care Unit)
Benefits of becoming an CNA with us:
- Manageable case loads
- High success rate of patients going home from our hospital
- Competitive rates
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and tuition assistance)
- Team-oriented culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, assists patients in the rehabilitation process through provision of appropriate nursing care as well as carryover of rehabilitation techniques.
- Completes daily assignments as directed by a nurse
- Obtains vital signs as directed
- Answer call lights promptly and report problems to a primary nurse/designee
- Assist with monitoring diets and nutritional supplements, as well as providing appropriate cues to patients for feeding or swallowing once directed by speech or occupational therapist
- Assists nurse with patient admissions, transfers and discharges
- Performs other duties as requested
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent required
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- BLS preferred
Transitional care allows patients to receive medically-supervised therapy by highly-trained physical, occupational and speech therapists in a comfortable, friendly setting. This facility is designed to provide medical, nursing and therapy services to patients with the express purpose of "transitioning" them back to their prior living arrangements when possible.
Patients admitted to Penn State Health Transitional Care typically stay less than two weeks, depending on the patient's progress and discharge destination. Each patient, on average, can expect to receive one to two hours of therapy daily. Each patient has an individually-designed care plan with input from a physician, nursing staff, therapy team and case manager.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.