The Technical Project Manager provides the strategic management of leading a project of prioritized enhancement and maintenance initiatives from its inception to execution. The Technical Project Manager provides daily planning, direction, strategy, execution and management of resources and scope to meet corporate goals through clear communication, effective planning and sound staff management. The Technical Project Manager will work with IS Vice Presidents and Directors to define, scope and manage to implement project initiatives in alignment with Select Medical methodologies. This position will be focused on Select Medical’s Hospital Strategies Integration initiatives.
- Lead Scrum teams of business analysts, developers, deployment specialists and testers to plan deliverables for each development sprint.
- Work with Business Analysts to update Product Backlog Items to include new or revised requirements and backlog items. Support Deliverables to include Release Burn Down Charts, Sprint Burn Down Charts and Defect/Bug Log.
- Drive continuous improvement and track action items from sprint retrospectives.
- Provide and facilitate technical leadership as needed in completion of integration activities.
- Responsible for enacting, teaching, and promoting Scrum values and practices.
- Ensures Scrum practices and rhythm are maintained.
- Removes impediments for team members.
- Coaches the team to their best possible performance with a focus on continuous improvement. Should always be thinking of how to do things better, faster, cheaper while delivering quality software.
- Helps improve team productivity / velocity in any way possible.
- Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions.
- Shield the team from external interference.
- Leads daily Scrum meeting – 15-minute stand up meeting.
- Leads sprint planning session at the start of the sprint.
- Leads sprint retrospective discussion at the end of each sprint, captures comments and team action items as part of continuous improvement.
- Leads story pointing sessions to estimate stories in the product backlog using Planning Poker techniques to allow team input into the task estimates.
- Works with Business Analyst and product owner to groom the product backlog so user stories contain correct details and are ready for story pointing (estimating).
- Leads sprint review to demo working software to the product owner.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) that increased the quality of the software developed.
- Experience with Automated Testing tool(s) that has increased the team’s velocity in delivering quality software.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Participate in the mentoring of junior Project Management staff, intra-organizational knowledge sharing, frequent performance feedback and general job coaching when appropriate.
- BS or BA or equivalent education and experience
- Demonstrated project and organizational leadership including initiative identification, ownership and implementation responsibilities.
- Superior teamwork and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills commensurate with a professional working environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for delivering exemplary customer service
- Ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing business priorities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated active listening skills and history handling human experiences
- Willingness to periodically travel
- Large scale multi-site IS operations experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity applications.
- Knowledge of browser-based technology.
- Understanding of Agile Scrum/Kanban software tools such as Jira or Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Demonstrated experience in iterative methodologies (Agile/Scrum/Kanban) – 3-5 years
- Demonstrated experience as a Scrum Master on a large ( >10 FTEs) distributed team – 3-5 years
- Prior experience as technical lead or Technical Project Manager – 5 years
- In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle for implementing Enterprise level systems in the area of Database design, data warehouse, development – 7 years
- Very strong facilitation and planning skills – 5 years
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills – 5 years
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification strongly preferred
- Healthcare Integration experience is a plus
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) integration
- HIPAA EDI Files
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.