Respiratory Therapist (RT) - Per Diem
Cleveland Clinic Rehabiliation Hospital (Beachwood, OH)
*Partnership between Cleveland Clinic and Select Medical*
Take a tour of our beautiful hospital here: http://circlescapes.biz/Select/clevelandclinic_beachwood/tour/
We are looking for an experienced Per Diem Respiratory Therapist.
Available Shifts: 7:00 am to 7:30 pm or 7:00 pm to 7:30 am (Flexible Schedule)
Performs basic/ advanced therapeutic procedures as outlined by the State Department of Health and under the scope of respiratory care services. Transcribes and implements physician orders in a competent and timely manner. Uses basic/advanced oxygen assessment skills and patient information to maintain awareness and coordinate patient care needs.
- Performs advanced life support procedures including tracheal intubation using independent judgment in coordinating patient's respiratory care plans and needs with the physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff.
- Confers with physicians to formulate and coordinate alternative forms of therapy according to patient need.
- Initiates patient ventilator weaning procedures under the direction of the physician.
- Performs basic tracheostomy care including but not limited to routine and emergent tracheostomy tube changes.
- Monitors patient's respiratory status using competent bedside assessment skills and maintains awareness of patient pH / electrolyte balance, ABG values, renal, neurological, and orthopedic functions as applicable to the delivery of respiratory care.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Education: Associate Degree required, Baccalaureate Degree preferred.
- Current and valid state licensure and certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care required.
- Previous and recent Critical Care experience preferred.
Additional benefits of becoming an RT with us:
- A high percentage of patients being discharged home to their families
- Team-oriented and family-like culture
- A network of over 50K employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package for full-time nurses (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k (with company match), life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.