West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital is located at 2525 SW 75th Avenue, Miami, FL.
Our 60-bed hospital offers the latest technology and medical equipment, and high quality acute inpatient rehabilitation care.
West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital provides 24/7 physician and rehabilitation nursing care, and evidence-based physical, occupational and speech therapy to help restore patient strength, mobility and independence in daily living activities.
Own Your Future
Why work with us? Because we offer more than just a job. On our team, you will:
- Build meaningful relationships with patients and their families during each patient’s rehabilitation journey.
- Collaborate with an amazing group of nurses, therapists, physicians and support staff to help patients regain independence.
- Be challenged to learn, problem-solve and grow professionally.
- Be a valued member of the Select Medical family of brands, a nationwide leader in post-acute care.
- Have access to a network of over 50,000 employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital
Full-time Physical Therapist (PT)
Additional benefits of being a therapist with us:
- Latest rehab technologies
- A high success rates of patients being discharged home
- Clinical ladders to develop our therapists
- Full-benefits package (Including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, short and long term disability, and tuition assistance)
Evaluates all assigned patients and develops, implements and modifies treatment plan in accordance with the patient’s need and physician direction. Responsible for delegation and direction of all discipline-specific therapy services for those assigned patients. Ensures the design of functional treatment programs allowing for an effective return to community activities. Serves as an educator of patients, families, students, co-workers and self. Performs other professional duties associated with the care of the patient, development of discipline-specific therapy services and design of program delivery.
- Evaluates assigned patients and establishes appropriate treatment goals and treatment programs.
- Provides ongoing evaluation of patient’s status and goals, modifying treatment program for timely progression.
- Develops comprehensive goals for patient treatment to maximize patient outcomes and return to community activities.
- Coordinates treatment program in conjunction with other clinical/therapeutic services, as well as available community resources. Attends appropriate clinical meetings to facilitate coordination.
- Provides for patient education to include the development of comprehensive and progressive home programs with instruction to the patient, family and other caregivers as appropriate to facilitate a safe and effective discharge.
- Prepares for patient discharge inclusive of ordering of necessary equipment and recommendations for therapeutic services ensuring the continuum of care.
- Evaluates patient in the actual or simulated home, school, work or community environments as necessary to facilitate a return to community activities, making recommendations for necessary adaptations or training.
- Identifies and manages various levels of care necessary to ensure care plan delivery. Delegates and supervises the utilization of PTAs, as well as support personnel to maximize patient outcomes and ensure effective utilization of services.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Current state licensure or eligibility for state licensure as a Physical Therapist required.
- Certified BLS or completion in the first 90 days of employment required.
- Home Care Requirements: One or more years of clinical experience and a valid state Driver’s License.
- Bilingual Spanish / English highly preferred
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.