Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical's mission to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. We employ over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
The Nurse Manager is responsible for initiating, guiding, and directing the coordination of services provided by the designed nursing units. You will function as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members on nursing staff and assume responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by specified units. Under the general direction of the Chief Nursing Officer, you are responsible for maintaining the efficient functioning of designated nursing units on a twenty-four (24) hour basis.
- Guides, directs, and plans hospital activities, with ongoing assessment of the quality and efficiency of these activities.
- Ensures the hospital philosophy and objectives are maintained for areas of responsibility with interpretation of these objectives to staff when necessary.
- Assesses patient care needs to coordinate assignment of nursing staff to facilitate patient attainment of expected outcomes.
- Coordinates schedules for nursing staff assigned to the area of responsibility.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining communication channels with medical staff and other departments within the hospital.
- Participates in budgetary formulation and cost containment for areas of responsibility.
- Maintains effective utilization of manpower, equipment, and supplies.
- Assesses need for and assists in implementation of staff education and clinical development programs.
- Assumes all administrative responsibilities on the unit on designated shifts where applicable.
- Supervises overall nursing care performance, maintains quality patient care and provides staff assessments with written evaluations at designated intervals.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
As a Nurse Manager, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Current RN license and at least three  years of clinical practice experience with an emphasis on leadership.
- One  year previous management experience and a Bachelor of Science in Nursing ispreferred.
- ACLS is required.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written; the ability to follow written and verbal instructions, and the ability to maintain effective working relations with others.
- Critical Care experience in a hospital environment is required.
Your benefits as a Nurse Manager:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement totaling up to $5,000/year.
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance totaling $1,000 per quarter ($4,000 per year).
- 100% company-paid RN to BSN scholarship.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring initiative that shapes top performing nurses into leaders in our hospitals.
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification, both of which would include quarterly bonuses.
We'd love for you to join our team!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.