Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Student Nurse Tech - Per Diem
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As a Student Nurse Tech, you will provided basic patient care and may perform specific procedures as outlined by the facility under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse. You will perform procedures, collects and documents demographic and patient data as follows:
- Obtaining vital signs, height, weight and demographic data.
- Assisting patients with personal and daily care, such as bathing (bed bath, chair at sink, tub and shower), oral hygiene, shaving and hair care.
- Assisting with urinary catheter removal, finger stick blood sugars, routine urine and stool specimen collection, ostomy care, emptying drainage receptacles/tubes, bladder scan.
- Removing peripheral IV’s as directed by RN (may not remove any IV’s located in antecubital fossa or higher).
- Delivering meals and snacks, feeding patients who are unable to feed themselves and documenting oral intake, including supplements.
- Turning and positioning immobile patients safely while maintaining proper body alignment; participating in mobility program.
- Answering patient call lights and performing services that add to the physical wellbeing of the patient.
- Transportation of the patients to designated areas, such as to and from various treatment centers.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- The position requires proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of nursing, or equivalent, of an accredited nursing school.
- Having knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures, aseptic practices, and cardio-pulmonary techniques is required.
- Previous hospital experience is preferred – CNA, PCT, Unit Secretary, Telemetry Tech, etc.
- Possessing a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Critical Care experience in a hospital setting is a plus!
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.