Materials Technician - Baylor Scott and White Institute for Rehabilitation - Dallas
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation
Materials Technician/Supply Chain
Baylor Scott & White Institute for Rehabilitation, a joint venture between Baylor Scott & White Health and Select Medical, carries a well-known reputation for patient care and exceptional quality outcomes. We serve all people through exemplary healthcare, education, research and community service. Since opening in 1981, our flagship inpatient rehab hospital in Dallas has received repeated recognition by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best rehab hospitals in the nation. All of our inpatient hospitals are accredited by The Joint Commission, including specialty accreditation for our stroke rehab programs. And for five consecutive years we have been recognized as a “Best Place to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal.
With the combined expertise of our joint venture partners, Baylor Scott & White Rehabilitation has become one of the most recognized and largest rehabilitation providers in the nation. We have continuously grown in size, scope and excellence across North Texas, and in the summer of 2018 our footprint has expanded to include new partners in Central Texas. With this expansion, we have more than 2,300 talented, caring and compassionate team members working in the following environments:
- 4 inpatient rehab hospitals (free-standing)
- 2 inpatient rehab units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 9 acute therapy units in Baylor Scott & White Health acute hospitals
- 87 outpatient therapy locations (and growing)
- A home health division covering all of North Texas
We have a Material Management Technician opening at our Dallas hospital.
Materials Tech provides review, reconciliation, and submission of invoices to the Corporate office; assists as needed and reconciles daily charges to supplies used; and responsible for monitoring and managing all supplies.
Employees in this position will:
1. Assists the Materials Manager in the departmental operations.
2. Assists with coordinating the operation of storeroom functions to ensure the efficiency of
3. Assures completion of daily requisitions on a timely basis, accurately processing all paperwork
and delivers orders to requisitioning departments.
4. Maintains established goals and objectives in accordance with department policies and
5. Receives all deliveries and inspects items for damage or defects. Verifies completeness and
accuracy of all deliveries and alerts the departments (buyers) of any discrepancies.
6. Stocks shelves in the storeroom, rotates stock and updates location reports.
7. Monitors dated supplies on a weekly basis for expiration date.
8. Advises Materials Manager regarding items that have become inactive and/or outdated.
9. Performs cycle counts to assure that perpetual inventory agrees with physical inventory.
10. Maintains updated Material Safety Data Sheet manual of items handled through and stocked in
11. Keeps department clean and clear of all debris. Breaks down all boxes for disposal.
12. Keeps loading area clean and free of any debris generated by the Storeroom.
13. Perform other duties as requested.
1. High School diploma or equivalent required.
2. Two (2) years previous storeroom/shipping and receiving experience preferred.
3. Proficient skills with computers, software and office equipment.
4. Experience in providing excellent customer service.
Select Medical is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a nondiscriminatory manner and based on job-related qualifications and abilities. The Company will recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, age (40 and over), marital status, disability or history of disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational qualification) or any other protected status.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.