Pharmacist - Inpatient Rehab - Per Diem Weekends
Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Penn State Health*
Pharmacist - Per Diem Weekends
A partnership of Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Select Medical, Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital is located at 1135 Old West Chocolate Avenue, in Derry Township, just a few short miles from the Medical Center.
Our 76-bed hospital — with 66 adult beds and 10 pediatric beds — offers the latest technology and medical equipment, and high quality acute inpatient rehabilitation care.
Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital provides 24/7 physician and rehabilitation nursing care, and evidence-based physical, occupational and speech therapy to help restore patient strength, mobility and independence in daily living activities.
Own Your Future
Why work with us? Because we offer more than just a job. On our team, you will:
- Build meaningful relationships with patients and their families during each patient’s rehabilitation journey.
- Collaborate with an amazing group of nurses, therapists, physicians and support staff to help patients regain independence.
- Be challenged to learn, problem solve and grow professionally.
- Be a valued member of the Select Medical family of brands, a nationwide leader in post-acute care.
Under the general supervision of the Director, the Pharmacist will be responsible for having a working knowledge of all areas of pharmaceutical services provided by the hospital, including drug distribution systems, central operations, and IV admixture.
- Performs all dispensing related functions. Entering medication orders into the computer generated patient profile, preparing, labeling, and dispensing individual medications in accordance with doctor's prescriptions, compounding oral and injectable pharmaceutical preparations using proper aseptic technique, and filling and checking medication cassettes to insure accuracy prior to delivery to the patient care unit. Prepares weekend and day pass medications for patients on leave from the hospital.
- Contacts and confers with physicians regarding any questions or irregularities regarding medication orders. Documents all recommendations and corrective actions taken in a clinical intervention report.
- Performs antibiotic stewardship activities by reviewing pertinent culture and sensitivity information as well as laboratory data and makes therapeutic recommendations based upon these findings.
- Participates in clinical activities which include but are not limited to: attending Team Conferences, participating in patient related rounds, conducting medication management teaching, mentoring pharmacy students during their rotations, processing drug information inquiries and consulting patients and family members on discharge medications.
- Keeps informed on developments and trends inside and outside the organization which relate to assigned functions. Serves as a resource to other departments for information needed. Participates in and contributes to outside professional activities or other projects.
- Consults with physician and nursing staff concerning availability, form, side effects and incompatibilities of currently available drugs. Maintains drug literature source to be at disposal of medical and other professional staff.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses):
- Current state licensure as a Pharmacist required.
- Two years of experience in hospital pharmacy required.
- ASHP accredited residency strongly preferred.
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.