Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Endoscopy/PICC/central line/colonoscopy/PEG/trach procedures are most common.
$10,000 sign-on bonus
Please join us for our virtual interview day to learn more about our critical illness recovery hospital and interview via Zoom with with our Chief Nursing Officer and HR Manager.
Virtual RN Interview Day
Thursday 7/30/2020 from 1pm- 4pm
To sign up please apply here and send your resume to our Regional Recruiter, Blair Ciccocioppo at [email protected] for more details.
Spots are limited!
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Procedures Nurse to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
Using independent judgment, the Procedures Nurse maintains the delivery of quality care by assuring the nursing care plan is followed. The Procedures Nurse will supervise Nursing Assistants, students, and orientees within the Procedure/OR Department.
Specific responsibilities of the Procedures Nurse include:
- Adheres to all operative, invasive procedure policies, standards, and relevant bundles. Follows all documentation procedures and reviews physician documentation to ensure compliance
- Performs all non-procedural duties when assigned such as Central line care, PICC insertions, assisting with wound care, Admissions, Patient teaching, IV care and insertions, Patient transport
- Participates as a member of the QAPI and Infection Control Committees
- Manages all aspects of the procedure room and any activities that go on inside it. Manages all activities related to decontamination, processing, sterilization and storage of supplies and instruments. Handles all scheduling and supervision of invasive procedures. Monitors medication and controlled substances. Monitors/Manages all procedure room emergency equipment. Manages inventory of supplies needed for procedures. Performs infection control management. Participates in quality improvement programs
- Maintains applicable departmental logs and records including but not limited to: Pre-operative, Intra-operative and Post-operative records, daily log, surgical/procedural log book, temperature log, humidity log, sterilization log and specimen log
As a Procedures Nurse, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment
Other requirements of the RN role include:
- Requires a valid temporary or permanent State Registered Nurse License.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of hire
- PICC qualified highly recommended
- Operative or procedure room experience highly recommended
- Knowledge of monitors, sedation procedures, and wound care highly recommended
- Competent with rythem analysis and interpretation
Our focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your health care needs.
Other full-time benefits of the Registered Nurse position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
- Select Medical operates hospitals in multiple states offering attractive growth and relocation opportunities
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.