Respiratory Therapist - Per Diem
Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital, a partnership between Cleveland Clinic and Select Medical, offers three locations – Avon, Beachwood and Akron, Ohio.
With a total of 60 beds, our rehabilitation hospital offers the latest technology and medical equipment, and high-quality medical inpatient rehabilitation care.
Cleveland Clinic Rehabilitation Hospital provides 24/7 physician and rehabilitation nursing care, and evidence-based physical, occupational and speech therapy to help restore patient strength, mobility, and independence in daily living activities.
We are seeking a Per Diem Respiratory Therapist for our location in Avon, OH.
Day and Night Shift Needed / Flexible Schedule
Performs basic and advanced therapeutic procedures as outlined by the State Department of Health and under the scope of respiratory care services. Transcribes and implements physician orders in a competent and timely manner. Uses basic/advanced oxygen assessment skills and patient information to maintain awareness and coordinate patient care needs.
- Performs advanced life support procedures including tracheal intubation using independent judgment in coordinating patient's respiratory care plans and needs with the physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff.
- Confers with physicians to formulate and coordinate alternative forms of therapy according to patient need.
- Initiates patient-ventilator weaning procedures under the direction of the physician.
- Performs basic tracheostomy care including but not limited to routine and emergent tracheostomy tube changes.
- Monitors patient's respiratory status using competent bedside assessment skills and maintains awareness of patient pH/electrolyte balance, ABG values, renal, neurological, and orthopedic functions as applicable to the delivery of respiratory care.
- Must possess "active" credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or state equivalent; RRT Preferred
- BLS certification required
- Current state licensure required
- 1 year of related experience preferred
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire
Take a tour of our beautiful hospital here: http://www.clevelandclinic.org/lp/virtual-tours/cleveland-clinic-rehabilitation-hospital/?_ga=2.52964205.45845309.1577374172-566745520.1565106094
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.