Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
$7,500 Sign-on Bonus
Charge Nurse (RN)
Charge Nurse (RN)
Practice the true profession of critical care nursing and lead the nursing staff as a Charge Nurse. Further develop your leadership skills through involvement in staff scheduling and patient management responsibilities while remaining hands-on as a critical care nurse. Select Specialty and Regency Hospitals care for patients who are critically ill and need extended acute hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Charge Nurse (RN) to join our team. We offer an exceptional employee experience, an environment dedicated to safety and quality, ongoing educational and skill-building resources and advancement opportunities.
Why work for Select Specialty/Regency Hospital?
- The opportunity to build a career with an established, highly successful organization in a caring and compassionate environment.
- Develop specialized skills to manage chronically critically ill patients.
- Utilize all of your nursing skills on a daily basis.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists and physicians to assist patients to regain their independence.
- Develop relationships with patients and their families.
- We offer a clinical advancement program for CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse) with additional quarterly incentives up to $1,200.
- We offer a PCCN advancement program with additional quarterly incentives up to $500.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
The primary purpose of the Charge Nurse (RN) is to administer and supervise the clinical care being provided. You will be responsible for all safety, infection control, and quality of care issues that might arise while on duty, as well as, assisting with performance appraisals, mentoring staff during orientation and handling disciplinary issues.
- Maximizing management opportunities while on assigned shift.
- Effectively managing resources and promoting a team-like atmosphere.
- Complying with educational requirements while promoting a climate of learning.
- Serving as a clinical resource for staff members.
- Implementing the staffing plan for your scheduled shift.
- Participating as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the rehabilitation goals.
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including labs.
- Ensuring that medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately.
- Competence in Rapid Response and code events.
- Teaching and counseling patients/families.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Having a valid RN license in the state in which you are seeking employment.
- Being passionate about working in a critical care environment.
- Having experience with vents, hemodynamics, critical drips, ET Tubes and Wounds.
- Possessing a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Obtaining Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
- At least one (1) year of RN supervisory experience.
- Being skilled in handling emergency and life-threatening situations.
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
Your benefits as a Charge RN:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients in a compassionate environment.
- An extensive and thorough 6-week orientation program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement totaling up to $5,000/year.
- Student Loan Forgiveness totaling $1,000 per quarter ($4,000 per year).
- 100% company-paid RN to BSN scholarship.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring initiative that shapes top performing nurses into leaders in our hospitals.
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification, both of which would include quarterly bonuses.
We'd love for you to join our team!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.