Infection Control Coordinator / Employee Health Nurse
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As an Infection Control Nurse, you will plan, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the Infection Control Program while working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Conducting ongoing surveillance.
- Collecting and interpreting data to determine specific problem areas.
- Conducting analysis of data to include risk assessment, prevention and control strategies.
- Compiling and interpreting surveillance reports to the Infection Control Committee and hospital staff.
- Directing investigations of clusters/outbreaks of hospital.
- Serving as a resource to all hospital staff on all issues related to infection control and employee health.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Having a current state licensure as a Registered Nurse, BSN preferred.
- At least one (1) year of infection control experience.
- CIC Certification preferred, particularly APIC Certification.
- Possessing a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
Your benefits as an Infection Control RN:
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients in a compassionate environment.
- Comprehensive Orientation Program.
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join our team!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.