Therapy Aide - Full Time - Chesterfield Day Institute
SSM Health Day Institute is looking for a Full Time Therapy Aide to join the team at our Chesterfield Day Institute!!
SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital's Day Institute Program offers a specialized, outpatient rehabilitation program in a flexible full-day format for individuals who can benefit from a comprehensive approach to recovery, but don't necessarily need rehabilitation in the acute hospital setting.
Under the direction of a therapist, the Rehab Aide assists patients in the rehabilitation process through provision of requested activities. Prepares and maintains equipment and physical plant for daily activities.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, drives the company vehicles making pick-ups and deliveries between facilities, and assisting the Administration team with daily operations.
We have been recognized by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis for years 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019!
Therapy Aide performs patient related tasks assigned by therapist, including but not limited to:
- Lifts patients to/from mats, treatment and tilt tables, wheelchairs and other equipment appropriate to the facility/department.
- Assists patients with transfer activities to all surfaces.
- Assists patients in donning/doffing all appliances specific to the facility/department.
- Positions patients in parallel bars and prepares patients for standing with appropriate orthotic/prosthetic devices and equipment.
- Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.
- Assists therapist with other patient related treatment activities as appropriate and providing equipment.
- Assist with patient related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy session as outlined in the State Practice Act.
- Maintains the department and department equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
Direct patient care experience required
Current State Driver’s License in good standing required: Acquisition of a Class B license allowing for the operation of a bus is required within three months of employment
Minimum of one year of work experience as a driver required
Willing to cover any of our 7 Day Institute sites working as a Tech, Driver, and assist Day-room staff as needed
High school graduate or equivalent required
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.