Director of Pharmacy - Inpatient Rehab
Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical & Penn State Health*
Director of Pharmacy
Penn State Health Rehabilitation Hospital is currently seeking a Director of Pharmacy to join their collaborative leadership team. The Director of Pharmacy serves as a mentor to the pharmacy team and plays a key role in developing and growing their staff. This is a great opportunity for a strong Pharmacist who is looking to take the next step in their professional career or for an experienced director looking to join a dynamic organization.
We offer our Director of Pharmacy a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k with company match, great vacation and sick time banks, competitive salary, life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a fantastic orientation/training program. Join our nationwide network of over 50K talented employees today!
The Director of Pharmacy ensures the provision of pharmaceutical services (including clinical pharmacy services) throughout the hospital. Maintains liaisons with outside groups or agencies as needed.
- Ensures that direct reports have received upon hire and continue to receive throughout employment the training, information and support to accomplish departmental objectives and meet job requirements.
- Provides regular and accurate performance feedback to direct reports with focus on results, skill expansion, process improvement and learning.
- Ensures success of department operations through building employee engagement, effective talent assessment, continual learning and development, cross-training and succession planning.
- Initiates, schedules, directs and controls the daily operation of the Pharmacy Department through supervision of department supervisors and staff. Works with supervisors to review and evaluate operating procedures, policies, methods and techniques and implement change to increase quality of service, productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Performs all of the duties of a Staff Pharmacist (See Staff Pharmacist Job Description)
- Assures that pharmacy services are provided to patients by developing and implementing the objectives of the department. Working within established standards (i.e., Joint Commission, DOH, Board of Pharmacy and others), determines the department's function, organization/employee complement.
- Makes budget recommendations for capital equipment needs and operational expenses along with a projection of departmental revenues.
- Serves on committees as outlined in the Hospital's Administrative Policies and Procedures. Participates in staff, supervisory and special meetings or projects of committee as required.
- Communicates hospital policies and procedures concerning pharmacy services to hospital employees.
- Maintains system of identifying signatures for all authorized prescribers, including a system of records for the requisitioning and dispensing of pharmaceutical supplies.
• Current state licensure as a Pharmacist required.
• Five years of hospital Pharmacy experience required with a minimum of three years experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity required.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently operate a pharmacy within a healthcare organization required.
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.