West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital is located at 2525 SW 75th Avenue, Miami, FL.
Our 60-bed hospital offers the latest technology and medical equipment, and high quality acute inpatient rehabilitation care.
West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital provides 24/7 physician and rehabilitation nursing care, and evidence-based physical, occupational and speech therapy to help restore patient strength, mobility and independence in daily living activities.
Own Your Future
Why work with us? Because we offer more than just a job. On our team, you will:
- Build meaningful relationships with patients and their families during each patient’s rehabilitation journey.
- Collaborate with an amazing group of nurses, therapists, physicians and support staff to help patients regain independence.
- Be challenged to learn, problem-solve and grow professionally.
- Be a valued member of the Select Medical family of brands, a nationwide leader in post-acute care.
- Have access to a network of over 50,000 employees nationwide with advancement and relocation opportunities
West Gables Rehabilitation Hospital
Respiratory Therapist - Per Diem (as needed)
Performs basic and advanced therapeutic procedures as outlined by the State Department of Health and under the scope of respiratory care services. Transcribes and implements physician orders in a competent and timely manner. Uses basic/advanced oxygen assessment skills and patient information to maintain awareness and coordinate patient care nee
- Performs advanced life support procedures including tracheal intubation using independent judgment in coordinating patient's respiratory care plans and needs with the physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff.
- Confers with physicians to formulate and coordinate alternative forms of therapy according to patient need.
- Initiates patient-ventilator weaning procedures under the direction of the physician.
- Performs basic tracheostomy care including but not limited to routine and emergent tracheostomy tube changes.
- Monitors patient's respiratory status using competent bedside assessment skills and maintains awareness of patient pH/electrolyte balance, ABG values, renal, neurological, and orthopedic functions as applicable to the delivery of respiratory care.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- Must possess "active" credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) or state equivalent; RRT Preferred
- BLS certification required
- Current state licensure required
- 1 year of related experience preferred
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire
Overview of Select Medical Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.