Health Information/Credentialing Technician
SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital - Bridgeton is looking for a Full Time HIM/Credentialing Technician to join our team!!
As the leading provider of comprehensive rehabilitation services in the St. Louis area, SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital delivers the specialized care and advanced treatment that enables individuals with stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, neurological disorders, amputation, joint replacement and other orthopedic trauma, and general medical rehabilitation needs, to rebuild their lives.
SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital's three inpatient rehabilitation units are located within acute care hospitals (SSM Health St. Mary's Health Center in St. Louis, and SSM Health St. Joseph West in Lake St. Louis) or operate as a stand-alone hospital (the 60-bed SSM Health Bridgeton Hospital in Bridgeton). This wide footprint in the greater St. Louis area provides patients with convenient, on-site access to very specialized medical care during their rehabilitative stay.
We have been recognized by the St. Louis Post Dispatch as one of the "Top Workplaces" in St. Louis for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019!
Robust benefits package including:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer matching
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
The HIM/Credentialing Technician shall report to and be accountable for assisting the HIM Manager in all aspects related to credentialing and recredentialing of practitioners. Primary duties involve processing and maintaining practitioner credentialing information and performing all associated duties to insure SSM Health Rehabiliation Network's Credentialing Department operates according to National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA) standards.
- Obtaining and verifying documented evidence of licensure, education, training, experience, or other qualifications from the primary
source, and maintains the file of information.
- Performs functions related to the timeliness and completeness of medical records, inclusive of tracking medical records, filing, and retrieval of protected health information. Cross-trained in the release of information function and inquires.
- Maintains a discharge list and verifies receipt of corresponding medical record.
- Updates computer and/or log on an ongoing basis to reflect receipt of medical records.
- Files miscellaneous reports, correspondence into the medical record to ensure completeness.
- Maintains a unit medical record.
- Assists with assembly and analysis of inpatient medical records.
- Cross-trained in the release of information function and inquires for health information requests, inclusive of telephone coverage for the department.
- Recognizes and reports problems or discrepancies related to the quality and timeliness of medical records.
- Maintains positive working relationship with interdisciplinary treating team as necessary to medical record completion process.
- Utilizes established performance improvement process, as appropriate, to improve the quality of service provided by the department.
- Meets standards of quality and productivity established by the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and privacy of health information.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Experience with in-patient medical staffing/credentialing and Joint Commission statndards required.
- General knowledge of credentialing processes, terminology and NCQA standards.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Strong analytical skills, including process improvement and problem resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to quality improvement.
- Proficient computer skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficiency in various computer applications/programs required. Especially Word Office Suite, HMS and EPIC.
- Proficiency in operating office equipment, photocopier, fax required.
- Previous experience in medical record or office setting preferred.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.