Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Registered Nurse (RN)
$10,000 Sign-on bonus for full-time RN's!
Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical's mission to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. We employ over 48,000 people across the country and provide quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
You will ensure that the nursing care plan is being followed by being a Champion of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
- Receiving admissions and/or transfers to the unit.
- Initial and ongoing systematic patient assessment.
- Timely and accurate documentation using appropriate systems.
- Interpreting assessment/diagnostic data including labs and telemetry.
- Ensuring medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately.
- Competence in Rapid Response and code events.
- Promoting continuous quality improvement.
- Instructing and counseling patients/families.
How you will be successful in this environment:
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Having a valid RN license in the state in which you are seeking employment.
- Having at least one (1) year of experience as an RN; critical care/acute care experience preferred.
- Being passionate about working in a critical care environment.
- Possessing a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Obtaining Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) within 6 months of hire.
- Being skilled in handling emergency and life-threatening situations.
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
Your benefits as a Registered Nurse (RN):
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and meaningful lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill patients in a compassionate environment.
- An extensive and thorough 6-week orientation program.
- Tuition Reimbursement totaling up to $5,000/year.
- Student Loan Forgiveness totaling $1,000 per quarter ($4,000 per year).
- 100% company-paid RN to BSN scholarship.
- Nurse Executive Development Program, which is a mentoring initiative that shapes top performing nurses into leaders in our hospitals.
- Clinical Advancement Program for RNs who would like to advance their skills with a PCCN certification and/or CCRN certification, both of which would include quarterly bonuses.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join our team!
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.