The Senior Business Data Analyst gathers, analyzes and refines data and process workflows in order to routinely deliver insightful, actionable, and timely reporting as well as efficient workflow designs to achieve company goals. The Senior Analyst is expected to independently manage and complete highly complex workflow and data analysis and must effectively collaborate and communicate with senior leadership and the rest of the management team.
- Evaluates process efficiencies, gathers objective performance data, and conducts analysis, shares findings and partners with operations to implement process improvements.
- Performs checks and audits of various data sources to ensure data is accurate and complete.
- Responds to ad-hoc requests for data by determining users’ needs and collecting, organizing, and analyzing data to provide actionable reports.
- Assesses organizational performance in relation to established goals and standards; recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual progress toward goals and standards.
- Develops, performs and analyzes time studies to support staffing efficiency initiatives.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with senior leaders in other departments that may advise on activities and trends in the external environment that could impact strategic needs or opportunities (e.g., Govt. Affairs, Real Estate, Payer Strategy, IT).
- Builds working, interactive, collaborative and influential relationships with business operators.
- Gains a thorough understanding of inpatient line of business including operational and clinical processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, accounting, computer science, industrial engineering or related field required; Master’s degree in industrial engineering, business administration, or healthcare administration preferred
- Experience analyzing, documenting, and optimizing business process flows
- Ability to validate data, assess data quality and implement solutions to improve processes
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills
- Proven problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Demonstrated team and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- Minimum 3-5 Years’ experience in performing statistical, financial and strategic analyses
- Experience managing healthcare-related projects and familiarity with healthcare provider industry preferred
- Working knowledge of industry coding (CPT, ICD10, Revenue Code, etc.) preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL preferred
Select Medical is an EOE.
To complete your application on another device, simply send it to yourself here. We do not store this email or use it for any purpose other than forwarding this job to the name and email that you designate.